Monday, May 31, 2010

Figuring Things Out

Today I had an amazing day surrounded by horses, which I haven't done in so long and I realized how much I miss it. I miss being able to ride and the peace that it brought me. I know Feather can be ridden, and I know I've decided to "retire" her because of the abuse that she endured, but I think I'm going to find a saddle and find my peace again. I think that is something that is missing from my life, is inner peace, the peace I find when I'm riding a horse, just me and him, moving as one. It's all such an amazing thing and feeling! I just hope it is something that I am able to do with very little pain.
I am laying in bed right now with a heating pad slowly setting my skin on fire, but it seems to be the only thing that can relax the muscles and kill the pain lately. The pain is starting to creep into my knee which is soo painful, but I'm hoping that when I wake up tomorrow it will be gone. All because I was on my feet all day! I am going to admit that it felt good to do it. I knew I would be in pain later, and I knew that I would pay the price, but it's okay because today was the best I had felt in a very long time, it felt good to feel good, to feel alive and "normal"! I forgot how nice it was to be/feel normal... it's been six years since I was able to feel that way and I'm so grateful that I was able to experience it!

Tomorrow I hope to do some working out, and make sure I'll be able to walk the 3.2 miles for the Arthritis Walk that is coming up this Saturday. I am so excited to go and walk this, but I enjoy all the walks I do. I always think these walks are such amazing ways to bring awareness to such worthy causes and foundations, ones that would probably be swept under the rug and never noticed if they weren't done. I know that so many people don't take arthritis that serious, that it's just something that a lot of people go through and they may get aches when the rain is coming or they're getting old, but really it affects MILLIONS of us, and it definitely affects millions of us in a very painful way. It changes our lives forever, and it's something that is mostly out of our control. This is a disease that we can manage, but we can never truly win against. That's why we need walks and fundraisers so that we are able to research this further, so we are able to better understand, manage and possibly cure this disease, be able to implement better preventative measures. This isn't just a disease old people get, this is something that affects everyone young and old alike.

Okay time for some sleep and cuddle time with my heating pad! GOODNIGHT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment