Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Hate Taking Pills!

It all started last night.. about 8 pm... I felt a twinge in my left hip and it gradually grew from there to pain that woke me up at three this morning and I have been up since. If you noticed I said left hip, left...not my right hip... not the one that's all messed up...but my left. I literally broke into tears and a panic attack. I can't have both hips riddled with arthritis, I have one and that has slowed down my life enough, with two I don't know if my life will be able to slow down that much. So many more things will slip through my fingertips...ones I'm already on the verge of losing. I made a doctors appointment and went to see a doctor who I have never seen before, and he was absolutely amazing. He had me do some range of motion, poked and prodded, and then sent me onto x-rays. He told me if he saw anything negative on the xrays, including arthritis he would call me, and I didn't hear from him so I'm guessing he didn't see any arthritis which is a relief. I'm hoping that it ends up being just a pulled muscle and not something that he missed, or that he didn't even look at the x-rays like he said he would. I guess I could try to call him tomorrow and see whats going on, maybe talk to his nurse to make sure he actually did look at them and that they were clear. Now it's just something that is always on my mind, that maybe arthritis has moved into there, that all of our doctors have been so focused on my right hip that we've missed something in my left hip, that we may have missed the damage there. That is such a scary thought, but I know if one day it happens and they say it's there, I know I'll keep my head up and stay strong, because it's really the only option for all of us. To keep our heads up and keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment