Thursday, May 20, 2010

Some Bad News... Trying Not To Let It Conquer Me

I had to take Rob to work this morning at 5am... really?! 5am... I guess it was my fault because I forgot to make his coffee and more importantly I forgot to tell him that I forgot to pre-program the coffee maker...OOPS!! Needless to say the usual morning ritual of waking up my grumpy hip did not happen today, well okay it sort of did because I fell back asleep after I got home and didn't wake up until 10am :) Sometimes it's good to be a housewife.
So the bad news, I got my blood results online and found out my cholesterol (namely the bad kind) is high, which sucks and is horrible. I have tried to stay on point with my diet but it's so damn hard and toss that in with a little no motivation to work out and things just bring me down. I need to find motivation to actually do this now, now it's about my health and about my life and keeping me alive. I'm going to try to start hiking more, I just always am apprehensive about hiking alone... what if something happens? what if I get hurt? I'll just have to try to find some friends who don't work mornings who can go with me. I absolutely love going hiking. It is such an amazing workout and so refreshing to be outdoors surrounded by nature. My hip isn't always the happiest with it, but it does wonders for it when I do it on a regular basis. It gets less tired and sore the more I do it because of the workout, but there's no way I can just quit like I can on the elliptical. There is no climbing off and just saying 'fuck it I'm done', no matter where you stop you always have to go back. You always have to make it back to your car to go home and say fuck it. When my hip gets tired I just sit down for a few minutes and gives myself time to let my hip catch its breath, and then I am able to move on. Those breaks become fewer and far between when I do it on a regular basis. At some point I want to try to do Mount Woodson again, which is a huge hike. Takes 5-6 hours to complete (well for me at least) and is a 1200 foot elevation hike! It's such an amazing view from the top though, one of the most amazing in my opinion. You can see all the way to the ocean and when you live in inland San Diego, it's not something you get to see often.
When Chelsea comes home (which is three days!!!) I can go down to the beach and walk on the sand with her which I am sure will be an amazing workout for my hip. I think if I can get the fifty pounds off and start working out regularly I can get my cholesterol down and make my hip feel a trillion percent better. It's really about getting my diet on point really...

No comments:

Post a Comment