Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Equine Assisted Therapy

Here's a link... this site explains what it can do :::: http://www.equine-therapy-programs.com/therapy.html ::::

I have been looking at and researching equine assisted therapy for a couple of years now. The power that a horse has to help with so many disorders and diseases is mind boggling and awe inspiring to me. I know without my horse I would not have found solace in anything. I would have been a depressed wreck and I am not sure what path my life would have gone down. I know that her quiet strength is what kept me going, kept me from giving up so many times. She was always there to give me confidence and inner strength when I thought I had none left. Sitting on top of her and knowing that her and I together make this work, our relationship together is irreplaceable. She greets me in the morning and at night without worrying about what I look like or if I'm limping that day. She doesn't care if I'm in a bad mood or don't like getting out of bed that day, she makes it so I have too. She keeps me moving, keeps me from holing up inside my room and never seeing the sunlight.
I wonder if those with arthritis would be helped by such therapy. I am emailing around to see if any equine therapy programs now cater to those with arthritis. Maybe I can start one, or talk someone into doing so. I think it could help so many people realize that even though they have this disease, this set back, they can still find strength they never knew they had. They still can have control over something, which is their bodies and their horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment