Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sleep

It seems to be evading me lately... Husband is sleeping soundly next to me, every once in awhile my dogs bark in their dreams, and I'm the only left awake... left wishing that sleep would find it's way to me so I could be dreaming along with them.
The pain was pretty bad today, but I really didn't expect anything else since I was on my feet all day yesterday playing with the horses. In between cleaning of my bedroom I could be found laying on my heating pad with pillows under my legs. That seems to be the most comfortable position for me when my hip feels like this, knees bent and high up. The heat definitely helped, and if it wasn't so hot in my bedroom right now I would be sleeping with it on, but alas, I can't. I don't know what to do on days like this. I try to push through it all, to ignore the pain, but when it creeps down my thigh into my knee it's almost impossible to ignore. The throbbing makes it feel as though my leg might explode, or maybe there's a million little men in there stabbing away, mad that I kept them up for so long yesterday. I try not to take anything for the pain, the docs have prescribed me meloxicam, which helps and does wonders, but I don't want to put those things in my body. This is not how I want to treat my body any longer. I was addicted to pain pills for so long that even putting an advil in my mouth to make a headache goes away makes me cringe. I try heat pads and soaking and stretching, and they seem to work most of the time, but there are those times where the pain creeps up and I have no time to defend myself, and today was one of those times.
I can only be optimistic and know that tomorrow will be a better day... Now I'm off to try to sleep... hope I get to dream pain-free dreams of me running down the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment